Get ready for an epic post! I'm so excited for this one. I was recently able to obtain this full set of five 2007 Ratatouille Disney Store exclusive figures (new in box), and I have to say, these are some of the best Pixar related items the Disney Store has ever released. How did I miss out on these nearly 10 years ago? Beats me, but I'm thrilled to have them now.
First of all, the packaging. They just don't make them like this anymore! The packaging is so cool and incredibly detailed. I might just have to keep all the boxes, even when all the figures are opened and loose on display one day. It wouldn't feel right chucking these in the trash (silly I know).
Secondly, the size. I was so surprised when I opened the box and saw how big these are. The boxes alone are over 11" tall and the figures themselves are about 7"-9" tall (except for Skinner of course, who is about 5"). I quickly snapped the photo below for a size comparison next to a standard 3" Vinylmation.
And what's even cooler? Each figure speaks three phrases! Yup, if they weren't cool enough already, they talk too (each requires 3 AG3 batteries, included).
Every character is very well made, highly detailed and includes fun movie moment accessories. Let's take a look at each one in more detail below!
Linguini comes with a little Remy, a wooden spoon, a copper pot and a removable apron.
- "So let's do this thing!!"
- "Hey, little chef. They like the soup! You think you can do it again?"
- "I don't handle pressure very well, which is bad for me...and for most of the people around me too."
Chef Skinner comes with a little Django, a menu and a removable apron.
- "You're fired! F-I-R-E-D!"
- "Out of my way, garbage boy!"
- "You will need to know more than soup to survive in my kitchen."
Colette comes with a little Emile, a mixing bow, a whisk, a copper pan and a removable apron.
- "Keep your sleeves clean. Mark of a chef: messy apron, clean sleeves."
- "I am here because I am the toughest cook in this kitchen."
- "It was Gusteau's job to be unexpected. It is your job to follow the recipe."
Emile comes with an apple core and an "unknown food bit" (which I find hilarious). Also, his eyes move back and forth when you turn his ear.
- "My favorite food, is food! Mmm..." + eating sounds
- "Just about everything smells good to me. Even stuff most people don't consider food!" + burping sounds
- "You ever eaten candy wrappers with ice cream and then washed it all down with wet newspaper? Yah, it's pretty good."
Last but not least, Remy comes with an imaginary Gusteau, a cheese wedge, a mushroom slice and a lemon wedge. Like Emile, his eyes also move back and forth when you turn his ear.
- "Cheese! That would go beautifully with my mushroom and some rosemary."
- "Gusteau was the greatest chef in the world. He was certainly my inspiration."
- "I'm thinking of making something complex...sophisticated. Something with saffron!"
The original retail for these back in '07 was $12.50. Wow! No doubt they would be in the $20 range if they were released today.
Really the only negative with these is that Linguini stands a little crooked. But hey, that's not anything a little action figure stand won't fix! Other than that, every single one of these looks, feels and sounds great. I can't wait to assemble my full Ratatouille display one day- these will be front and center!
Have I peaked your interest? Then be sure to track these down on eBay by visiting this direct link to current listings. If you're a big fan of film as I am, these are not to be missed. You won't be disappointed.
Stay tuned soon for a video!